Extenuating Circumstances Policy
Published March 14th, 2018
In rare instances, if Native4Rent determines that a Guest’s reason for cancellation falls within Native4Rent’s Extenuating Circumstances Policy, Native4Rent may override the Native’s cancellation policy and make refund decisions. If Native4Rent determines that a Native’s reason for cancellation falls within Native4Rent’s Extenuating Circumstances policy, Native4Rent may waive the Native cancellation penalties outlined in the Terms of Service and Native4Rent’s Payments Policy.
What might be covered under the Extenuating Circumstances Policy?
Valid circumstances include:
- Unexpected death or serious illness of a host, guest or immediate family member (spouse/partner, child, parent, legal guardian, grandparent, or sibling)
- Serious injury that directly restricts a guest’s ability to travel or a Native’s ability to offer the Adventure
- Significant natural disasters or severe weather incidents impacting the location of destination or location of departure
- Urgent travel restrictions or severe security advisories issued after the time of booking, by an appropriate national or international authority (such as a government office or department)
- Dangerous animals are present at the Adventure location at the time of the Adventure
- Endemic disease declared by a credible national or international authority (such as the US Center for Disease Control or the World Health Organization)
- Severe property damage or unforeseen maintenance issues that directly impact the ability to host safely
- Government-mandated obligations issued after the time of booking (ex: jury duty, court appearances, military or government assignments)
If you need to make a claim:
Claims can only be considered after a Booking has been canceled. Once you’ve informed your Native or Guest and canceled a Booking, if you feel that your reason for cancelation is covered by this Extenuating Circumstances Policy, contact Native4Rent for consideration either via the Contact
We generally require claims to be submitted no later than 14 days from the original date set for the Adventure and we may require valid supporting documentation.